We understand the diverse legal requirements of the mining industry. We are able to efficiently and cost effectively assist our clients in the mining industry with, inter alia, the following:
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, including but not limited to, mining services agreements and operational agreements (such as road and weighbridge construction and fuel supply and maintenance). We also specialise in land access and lease agreements with landowners in relation to mining operations;
- Drafting statutory appointment letters in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulations for, inter alia, employer representatives, mine managers, subordinate managers, engineers, medical practitioners, occupational hygienists and safety officers;
- Drafting of Health and Safety Agreements pertaining to contractors;
- Liaising with the Departments of Mineral Resources and Labour in respect of operations including accident investigation proceedings; and
- Providing opinions on the application of relevant legislation, including the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996, Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act 28 of 2002, National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998 and the National Heritage Act 25 of 1999.